WPI Receives 2014 Sustainability Award
August 29, 2014
Auburn Hills, Michigan, June 24, 2014 – Frank Remesch, Williamston Products Inc. CEO, was honored to receive one of eighteen Supplier of the Year awards during Chrysler Group and Fiat’s 2014 Annual Strategy Meeting and Supplier Awards Ceremony held at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Frank and the Williamston Products team were honored to be a finalist and then win the 2014 Supplier of the Year Sustainability Award. Williamston Products supports Chrysler Group and Fiat’s theme of “Putting Quality in the Driver’s Seat” and looks forward to celebrating the award at our facilities with Chrysler Group and Fiat’s Sustainability team in the near future.
The Sustainability award recognized Williamston Products’ for:
- Recognizing the value of placing a strong emphasis on energy and waste management
- Employing a diverse workforce through Refugee Services – resulting in considerable community impact
- Partnering with like-sized companies to create a cooperative supply chain and logistics cooperative – resulting in environmental and cost benefits
- Creating many initiatives that are neither resource-intensive nor reliant on any unique situations, but that recognize the value and create opportunities
- Making the connection between sustainability and their operations – clearly demonstrating each aspect’s reliance on the other.
Williamston Products thanks Chrysler Group and Fiat for this honor and applauds our business partners and other suppliers that were nominated and/or won one of these awards.